Wednesday 4 April 2012

Yarn Along

Hello fellow Knitters! I'm linking up with Ginny from Small Things again this week. I can't believe another week has passed since the last yarn along. I havn't even touched the bunny I posted about last time. Ive been overly consumed with thrifting and my new knitting project - dish cloths. I hate knitting dish cloths; I've knit a few in the past when I first started knitting, and the novelty wore off for me really quickly.

So why am I knitting dish cloths you ask? Well Im not knitting them for me, Im knitting them for my future Mother In-law, for Easter. I like giving knitted gifts when I can, and I wanted something relativly quick (although they arn't going as quick as I'd like - probably because I hate knitting them, go figure) and simple. Not to mention Brads mother is one of the hardest people ever to shop for - or knit for, for that matter. She does like knitted dish cloths though - so thats what shes going to get :). The original plan was to do four - because I have four balls of cotton yarn (and Im trying to use up my stash instead of buying more yarn - between my knitting habit and my thrifting habit Im running out of space!), but we'll see how I am after the first two are done.

Im using the Naked knitting pattern by: Kelly Brooker, its free from Ravelry. Im probably going to use differnt patterns for the other cloths, I just havn't picked anything out yet. Suggestions are welcome!

Can you tell how thrilled I am about this? Haha.



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty dishcloth and sweet thoughts behind it. Dishcloths are one of my favorite knits - fast & easy ;).
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dish cloth looks lovely, what a nice present idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was excited to get your email regarding the Eloise Wilkin books, I wanted to reply but you have the no reply feature. My email is available on my blog - I'm interested to know which LGB you collect...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...