Tuesday 10 April 2012

Snail Mail

I have a tendency to buy online - a lot. Usually from Ebay (I do find that Etsy is mildly overpriced - not to mention the prices are set), and only if I think its a deal. Im usually drawn to buy it now or best offer auctions, but I will bid if the price is low enough. I also love getting mail. Which makes this a totally win win situation. Good deals on stuff I want (usually vintage/collectables) and snail mail! Woot woot!

Needless to say I get a fair amount of packages; two in the last four days! So what did I get you ask?

Well I'll tell you!

This past Thursday I came home from work to find this:


A vintage mint in box Ernie rag doll by Knickerbocker circa 1975. Brad ordered this for me on Ebay, it was Buy it Now for only $10.00. Score.




The back on the box shows all the Rag dolls that Knickerbocker produced in the series. I want them all. I've seen Bert - but out of package, and I havn't been able to find Betty Lou at all.


The graphics on the box are precious. This is the side, too cute!


Grampa showed up yesterday. Hes from the 1960's, hes made by Joyce Miller and was distributed by Sears Roebuck Co. Hes the non - talking version, and Ive seen them listed for quite a few bucks, but we got him for $12.00. Hes in great shape for his age. One odd feature is that you can undress him...I mean an elderly man doll is kinda weird as it is, but the fact that you can undress him...I mean, I think thats taking it a bit far! Haha!

Did you get anything in the mail this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...