Monday 9 April 2012

Hoppy Easter!

I had the best of intentions to do this post yesterday, ON easter, but I let the day slip away from me, and spent most of it lazing around watching tv and catching up on my knitting projects (all easter related). Despite all that effort - or so I though I only completed two projects, both which were more than half way done to begin with. Hmmm, so where did the rest of my day go I wonder? I guess every once in a while its nice to have a day to do nothing but laze around. I still have a bunch of easter knitting to do but more on that on Wednesdays Yarn Along.

Brad and I had a quiet Easter, we didnt make plans to drive out to visit his family, they live five hours away and its a bit of  a treck, as you can probably imagine. Easter kind of snuck up on me this year, and I didnt think to make Easter dinner plans (or supper as its refered to here in NL). So instead we had a nice breakfast of homemade waffles followed by too much easter candy - of course.

Here are some snapshots of the festivities:


Our Easter treats. Mine is the bigger basket, as well as the Muppets chocolate. Brad got the smaller basket. Oh well!


Two little bunnies I secretly knit for Brad on Easter Eve. Free pattern found on Ravelry here.


Mmmm homemade waffles!


One of our cats Ollie investigating the haul. (I'll do a post on her and the other two soon).


Easter was never a huge deal growing up, Christmas was the "bigger" holiday. Although I do have fond memories of Easters as a child. Unfortuanatly I didn't believe in the easter bunny for long, I couldn't really wrap my head around a giant bunny delivering eggs; I did however firmly believe in Santa for quite some time, but he is a human after all - and I think thats why my belief in him was so real. My mother made me (well I guess I shouldn't say "made") hunt for easter treats with my younger brothers until I was 18, but at least she didn't make us divide our eggs evenly between each other like she did when we were small (something I always hated to do - finders keepers was my moto). In our family we only ever went to Church on Easter Sunday, I hated it, but there was one part that I looked forward too. Little chocolate eggs would be hidden in the pews, and before the service would start Id run around and steal, I mean gather, as many of those eggs as I could carry before too many people entered, and since I would always be wearing a dress - which coincidently wouldn't have pockets, I would stuff said eggs in my pantyhose for safe keeping. Needless to say, it wasn't long before the eggs would melt and Id be a chocolaty mess.

I hope everyone had a safe and Hoppy Easter! Thanks for stopping - or should I say hopping? (hehe) by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...